Thursday, July 14, 2011

Topps to give card to fan who caught Jeter's 3,000th...

Seriously Topps?  You're going to make a card of the guy who caught Jeter's 3,000th hit and put it in a future set?  Can't we just let go of this guy's "selfless" act.  Look, I applaud him for only requesting a signed ball and to meet Derek Jeter.  Whatever the Yankees want to give him (season tickets in a suite, etc.), I'm fine with that.  I'm also glad Jeter gave him much more than just a signed ball.  I think it is a great story and a great act of appreciation for the game.  Now, let's move on. 

But, Topps must use this as an opportunity to latch on to some publicity.  I am so happy that Allen and Ginter is out already, otherwise I guarantee this would have been in it. 

1 comment:

hiflew said...

Just another example of the Yankees and Red Sox being the "only" teams that matter to the media and card companies.

Anyone remember who caught Craig Biggio's 3000th hit? Did they get a card...hell did Biggio get a card?