Tuesday, July 26, 2011

You guys suck (contest results)

So, the response to my contest last week was pretty overwhelming.  The performance, however, was pretty underwhelming.  I know the odds were against you, but geez, that was bad.  The first 22 entries weren't too horrible, with 11 people gettin one right and 11 people getting zero right. 50/50 aint bad, but no winner, yet.  Then we get to the next 11 entries.  All goose eggs.  So then, 2/3 of the entries were zero correct.  Then, someone came through with two correct.  There were a few more responses after that, but they didn't amount to much.  The stats:

40 Entries
86 players guessed out of 90 possible
27 Entries didn't get a single correct player
12 Entries got one correct player
1 Entry got 2 correct players, and thus wins all prizes.

Before I say who that is, here are the 6 "stars" that I got in my pack:

2005 Donruss Team Heroes Pedro Martinez
1988 Topps All-Star Ozzie Smith
2004 Donruss Team Heroes Lance Berkman
2002 Topps Chris Carpenter
2006 Topps Roy Oswalt
2005 Donruss Team Heroes Eric Chavez
That means, by correctly guessing Chris Carpenter and Pedro Martinez, the winner is...

THE DIAMOND KING

Drop me an email to claim your prize.  If I made a mistake, please let me know.

Thanks for participating!

No comments: