Friday, July 29, 2011

2011 Allen and Ginter 2-Box Break Part 4: The Hits

So, after my Red Sox Pitcher Gint-A-Cuffs box, any guesses as to what my next hit would be...


Dude...really?  At least the swatch is red this time.  So at this point, I am 4 for 4 on Red Sox pitchers.  I am 2/4 on Lackey relics.  I was not too excited, but it got a little better:


At least he is not on the Red Sox.  Nothing special, but not a Red Sox pitcher.  This ends the suckassy portion of the hits.  Now begins the portion where Allen and Ginter completely redeems itself:


I'm not familiar with the Daniel Boulud, but I'm always down for pulling a unique auto.  His sig is pretty sweet, and they seem to be going decent on eBay.  Moving on to the next box:


Sweet! She doesn't play for the Red Sox, either. Awesome purple/pink swatch to make an awesome card. I also got another auto:


The perfect complement to my Mike More auto RC I showed off a while ago.  This might make a nice little eBay lot.  It doesn't hurt that he is killing it this year. 

And now, the best card I pulled, hands down.  When I saw this, I scared my wife because I yelled, "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!"


The only card I wanted more than this was the Mac Auto.  But, since I already have his autograph elsewhere, I'm ecstatic to pull the relic.  This made all three boxes worth it.  Did I choose the wrong Gint-A-Cuffs box? Absolutely.  My GAC box scored a lousy 186.  That's probably going to be near last place.  For comparison sake, I scored my other two boxes.  My Lackey/Lind/Boulud box scored 210.  My Richards/Morse/McEnroe box scored 214.  I wouldn't have won, but at least it would have been more respectable.

2 comments:

night owl said...

To hell with the Gint-a-Cuffs points, that is a tremendous pull!

Congrats!

Dawgbones said...

Daniel Boulud? Now if that were Gordon Ramsey, you'd have something...

Hey, it could be worse, you could totally be a dyed-in-the-wool Yankmees fan!!

Nice pull on the Mac, though I'm not a big fan of temper-tantrums(especially this week!!)