Tuesday, May 22, 2012

NBA Playoffs Pack Rip: 1999-00 Topps (x2)


This is a little closer to the time when I collected basketball.  For some reason, right around 1995, I stopped buying baseball and started buying basketball.  Then, around the time I hit high school, I pretty much stopped altogether until college. We're looking at 22 cards here, so hopefully some of the goose eggs will go away.

How can you not love that Kidd card where he's being guarded by Stockton?

...further evidence that Derek Fisher is 62 years old.

I'm guessing Vlade rose up a posterized Shaq. Wait, no...he was playing the suns...oh, well.
Points for team cards: Sonics (Thunder), Nuggets (x2), Lakers, Jazz, Spurs, Knicks, Heat, 76ers and Bulls.
Points for active players: Thunder (Fisher), Mavericks (x2, Kidd, Carter)
The Celtics also grab +2 for Paul Pierce.

I got one insert:


Picture Perfect insert for the Heat means +2.  The back of the card asks what is wrong with the picture on the front. My answer: Mutombo is 7'2", 'Zo is 6:10".  Mutombo should be grabbing the rebound.  I was wrong.  The actual answer is that the hashmarks on the floor have been removed.  Ooops.

All teams have points, finally!

Thunder....8
Clippers...7
76ers......6

Bulls......6
Spurs......5
Grizzlies..5
Celtics....4
Hawks......4
Lakers.....3
Heat.......3
Jazz.......3
Pacers.....2
Magic......2
Knicks.....2
Nuggets....2
Mavericks..2

No comments: