Thursday, May 17, 2012

2012 Bowman

I finally bought some.  I picked up a retail pack from both Wal-Mart and Target.  I also picked up a jumbo pack from my LCS (I have no idea why, but I want to go buy more...damnit)




This was the only base card that mattered to me. The white is okay, though the black never bothered me.  The foil name is horrendous.  The foil on these is so unnecessary it's not funny. 

 Chrome prospects.  Meh. 


I scanned this guy separately because I had a joke planned about not having a "Rookie" until you make your MLB debut, but the joke doesn't make sense because the scan doesn't let you see that his name is "Rookie".


Gold. Meh.


The more I look at these cards, the more I'm unimpressed.  Strangely, though, I feel the need to buy more jumbo packs, just to attempt to get back some of the money I've spent.  Scary. I don't feel this will end well.  My Bowman luck peaked last year (2 autos in 2 retail packs, Machado and Pineda). 


Ah, a blue card for a purple team.  Naturally.  So that's my big hit of the jumbo pack.  I didn't leave the store satisfied, but I'm trying to avoid going back. 

2 comments:

Ryan H said...

I'd be interested in the Jumbo Wrapper. I bought a jumbo box (on preorder before the price skyrocketed) and I'm short 2 jumbo wrappers for a second redemption pack. Let me know if we can work something out.

Play at the Plate said...

I'm in need of the Gold Napoli is you're inclined to trade it.