Monday, March 24, 2014

Fantastic Value: Part 1


We've all seen them.  Sitting, lonely on the shelf at Wal-Mart.  Fantastic Value! it says.  Interesting choice of word.  Only in a fantasy world would this box provide a load of value.  However, I am a hopeless pack ripper, so perhaps that's where the value lies.

  4x 2012 Topps S2
  2x 2011 Topps S2
  1x 2012 Topps OD Rack
  1x Leaf Pete Rose
  1x 2012 Topps Archives
  1x 2012 Bowman
  1x 2008 UD First Edition
  1x 2012 Gypsy Queen
  1x 2012 A&G
  1x 2008 UD S1 Rack Pack
  1x 2009 UD S2 Rack Pack

15 packs for me to rip.  I'll do 5 per post to force you to watch this thing unfold for 3 days.

I'll start with the 4 2012 Topps Series 2 packs.


Good start, Fantastic Value Box...but I'm on to you.  You can't butter me up with base Topps.


No...no I haven't wondered that.  I also don't know if you are a card or filler.


Willie Mays die cut...not bad...especially since it's not an image you see every day.


These card designs still suck.


Ok, now we're getting to something with some value. 


And now we're not.  A Wal-Mart parallel.  Seriously say that.  Don't say "blue exclusive".  It's a Wal-Mart parallel.  It's a Wal-Mart parallel.  It's a Wal-Mart freakin' parallel.  It's a freakin' Wal-Mart freakin' parallel.  You can put squirrels in the set, or presidents, or sunglasses, or pies-in-the-face and I don't care.  None of those are as dumb as Wal-Mart parallels.

Lastly, I'll finish with a Leaf Pete Rose pack:


Sorry Leaf, mine were better.

No comments: