Saturday, March 22, 2014

2014 Press Pass Football

I'm a sucker for college cards, and I couldn't help but pick up a few packs of the first cheap 2014 product.  It seems like Logan Thomas has done quite a bit of signing, so I'm hoping I can add him to my VT collection soon.


Hobby boxes have 30 packs and 6 autos.  I picked up 4 packs, hoping the odds would lean a little bit my way.


There's some real optical illusion stuff going on with that image.  What's not an illusion is the terrible unlicensed card design.  Exclusive licensing killed a great college product.  At least I got a Bortles card.


These are gold parallels.  They are not exciting.


This Odell Beckham is a Reflectors card #88/99.  It's the standard refractor knockoff done on foilboard. Beckham is a likely first-rounder.

I did manage to get an auto, and it's not terrible...to most people.  Sometimes the card gods look after you.  Sometimes they like to laugh in your face.


Morris was Miami's starter for several years.  If I ranked all of the 2014 Press Pass autos, he would easily be in the bottom 5 if not the absolute bottom. 

Press Pass is improving their college football design, but it doesn't really matter.  College football cards need logos and/or colors to be collectable, and this just doesn't cut it.

No comments: