Thursday, January 6, 2011

2010 Best of Chrome Value Box: Bowman Platinum Hobby

This is last pack from the first box of cards from my Christmas loot.  Before Christmas, my wife and I were out doing some last minute browsing, and I bought myself a Topps 2010 Best of Chrome Value Box from Target with some early Christmas money her grandfather sent us.













 Naturally, I have to break it down into 5 separate posts: Topps Chrome, Bowman Chrome, Million Card Giveaway, Special Refractors, and Bowman Platinum Hobby.  This is the last post for this box, and is what I expected to be the highlight: 2010 Bowman Platinum Hobby

PP23: JD Martinez Prospect
>>> Who?

PP42: Brad Miller
>>> Center for the Houston Rockets...no?...ummmm...Congressman from North Carolina...no, again? I give up...

45: Pablo Sandoval
>>> Hey, I actually recognize that guy.

32: Vladimir Guerrero
>>> I've seen a fair amount af Vlad here lately. 

15: Joey Votto
>>> Finishing out the pack with an MVP...I can live with that.
The scans suck:




















I don't really see the need for this set and I don't find it particularly appealing, though I do also have a retail pack and a retail value rack pack to post later.  I don't plan on buying more Bowman Platinum, mainly because I'm broke, but also because I would prefer almost any other product.  All in all, I'd say this box was ok.  I didn't get anything too special, but it was a nice variety I guess.  I've got a ton more Christmas stuff to come...

No comments: