Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 Best of Chrome Value Box: Bowman Chrome

This is second set of packs of my Christmas loot.  Before Christmas, my wife and I were out doing some last minute browsing, and I bought myself a Topps 2010 Best of Chrome Value Box from Target with some early Christmas money her grandfather sent us.













 Naturally, I have to break it down into 5 separate posts: Topps Chrome, Bowman Chrome, Million Card Giveaway, Special Refractors, and Bowman Platinum Hobby.  Here are the results of the 5 packs of Bowman Chrome:

1: Brady Shoemaker (Prospect), Phillip Pfeifer III (USA), Aaron Hill
>>> Yeah, I guess getting a USA card is good, right?

2: Noel Arguelles (Prospect), Clay Buchholz, Bobby Abreu
>>> Um...

3: Simon Castro (Prospect), Vladimir Guerrero Refractor, Trevor Cahill
>>> A nice refractor, good, I needed something to break the ice.

4: Chris Schwinden (Prospect), Ryan Howard, Jacoby Ellsbury
>>> Nothing special, but at least the players are decent

5: Adeinis Hechavarria (Prospect), Carlos Santana Refractor, Shin-Soo Choo
>>> Good finish with a rookie refractor of a legendary guitarist...oh wait.  (Sorry, I know you've heard that joke a thousand times this year, but now you've heard it from me...1,001.)















Well, that was a little lackluster compared to the Topps Chrome. I would have liked to have pulled at least one player I collect, but I'm always satisfied to open packs regardless.  As always, if you see something you like, let me know.  Stay tuned for more Best of Chrome.

2 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

I picked one of those Chrome boxes up today and then put it back down.

Spankee said...

@PATP, you are a better man than I. I was conflicted, because after opening it, I felt ok because it was all chrome stuff, but I still had a little of that post-blaster, dirty "I wish I could un-buy this" feeling.