Wednesday, October 27, 2010

2010 Topps Chrome Baseball

With the start of the playoffs tonight, I'll post the 2010 Topps Chrome baseball that I have purchased lately.  I haven't bought much since my pockets are light, but I've been happy so far.  I bought two rack/value packs from Wal-Mart, one of which was showing an orange Scott Sizemore refractor that is shown below, a hobby pack that yielded only base cards, and one Scott Sizemore auto off Ebay.  I love the xfractors, so retail was definitely the way to go for me.  I picked up three xfractors:






















A nice Austin Jackson RC, a Ryan Dempster, and a nice horizontal Matt Holliday.  I really dig the orange value pack refractors as well, especially for teams who have orange as a team color.





















Lance Berkman and Carlos Lee look good in orange, along with the aformentioned Sizemore RC and an Ike Davis RC.  The Mike Napoli and Luke Hochevar aren't bad, but don't necessarily look great on orange.  I also beat some odds by picking up two purple refractors:











John Ely RC #330/599 and Jose Reyes #374/599.  All of the cards except the Sizemore, including base, are available for trade.

I also picked up a Sizemore Auto for cheap on Ebay.


















Well, that's it for tonight.  Enjoy the Series opener.  GO RANGERS!

2 comments:

cynicalbuddha said...

Nice Auto not smudged or nothing. and look at all that free lint!!! :)

BA Benny said...

Some great looking X-Fractors. I would love to trade you for the Davis orange and Reyes purple as well as any Yankees you may have gotten. I can surely find some stuff you will like. Let me know.