Wednesday, October 20, 2010

1999 Omega Baseball

Yeah, so now I'm going to go back a few years with a pack of 1999 Omega Baseball that I picked up for dirt at the card store.  It was next to the Finest that I have been buying, as well as the 1999 MLS that I'll be posting soon.  I had no idea what to expect out of 1999 Omega because I had never seen it, but neverless I was interested.  I certainly didn't have high hopes though.




































Matt Stairs, Jeff Kent, John Smoltz, Luis Castillo, Orlando Cabrera, Will Clark.

Well, the design is certainly interesting.  It looks a little bit like something you might expect out of a box of cereal, but I like that you get two shots of each player on the front.  If anyone wants any of these let me know.  The Clark and Smoltz are pretty cool, but really I could go the rest of my life without seeing another Luis Castillo card.

2 comments:

Justin McLeod said...

I'd be interested in the Matt Stairs. What would it take for me to get it?

flywheels said...

For whatever reason I was also a big fan of Pacific's baseball card products. Probably because they included a player I collected in just about all their product during Pacific's foray into baseball card. Yes, the produced some really ugly dud sets (Aurora, I'm looking at you), but they also had IMO some really nice sets and clever insert ideas.