Saturday, December 13, 2014

On the Second Day of Cardmas, My Mistress Gave to Me...

2 Goodwin Blasters,

and a Baseball Gem of the Game!


Hello Cardmas followers! It's day 2 and we have 2 2012 Goodwin Champions blasters to open:




GC is definitely and eclectic set.  These are a handful of the short prints.  I like how Pretty Boy Floyd is listed as Gangster - United States, as though he was on the US National Gangster Team.

I got two super short prints:


Ebbets is cool, Strauss not so much. I only got three plain minis as one of my blasters had all green parallel minis...weird.


Well hello, Maryeve.  I'll show you more minis when you get back from Google Images.



...Welcome back.


Annika's card is pretty cool.


These are exclusive minis, which means they don't have base versions, which I guess makes them the base versions.  Yelich and Ozuna are both on the Marlins and are both still really young.  Knecht is 24 and is a not-very-good A+ player.


These Military Machines cards really stand out, and not necessarily in a good way.  All of the base cards are old-school cardboard with sorta-matte finish while MM inserts are modern cardstock and glossy.

 I shouldn't have bashed lacrosse so hard.  Danowski was at Duke for the lacrosse not-really-a-scandal. That's the only notable note I could come up with.  Getting a relic is pretty cool, though.

Getting an auto is better:


Wariner has 3 Olympic Gold Medals, so it's a pretty cool card to get.

Well, when I picked these blasters up as a bonus from dacardworld.com, I didn't expect a hit from each one.  That's definitely a surprise I don't mind.

See you tomorrow for day 3!

No comments: