Monday, December 19, 2011

On the Eighth Day of Cardmas, My Mistress Gave To Me...

8 Diamond Doubles,

7 Tebows Tebowing,
6 Drafty Crabtrees,
5 Colored Rings,
4 Hopping Hoopsters,
3 Boring Bowmans,
2 Chromey Footballs,
And A Value Pack of Topps Chrome.


Double Doses of 2010 Upper Deck, 2008 Upper Deck X, 2009 Topps Update Hobby, and 2003 Topps Series 2 Hobby.


They sure didn't want a whole lot of Weaver in that picture.


Wade Davis hot pack! Finally! Just kidding.  That's probably the least boring Portraits insert I've seen. 


I don't know why, but I keep buying UDX.  I'm at the point where the chances of hitting my want list are so slim, that I'm really just dumping dough down the drain (say that 5 times fast). That Red Ruffing YSL card is pretty interesting.  Apparently the Yankees hit a grand slam, scored a touchdown and made a two-point conversion, while the Browns could only muster a touchdown and a two-RBI double.  The Browns were so ashamed that they became the Ravens.  Eventually someone said, "screw that and screw the Yankees!" and recreated the Browns.  Don't you just love sports history. 


I'm glad Johnny knelt down to be in the picture.  It's good to know that somebody knows how to frame a picture, after the catastrophe of Jered Weaver above.  Also of note: Swishers haircut + Damon's no facial hair + whatever the hell they are doing = Topps failure. 


Wait, Topps packs with no inserts? Man, these must be vintage.  These were literally the best 6 cards in the two packs.  I've bought a whopping 4 packs of 2003 Topps in my lifetime, and I have two of the Olerud Gold Glove.  I'm ok with that.  Olerud is a stud and that card is sweet.  That Tim Spooneybarger looked like a Josh Johnson when I first saw it, only it's a little more druggy.

And just like that, we're 2/3 of the way through the song.  I hope you've been singing along.




No comments: