Monday, January 13, 2014

COMC Shipment...it's about time.

I've had a handful of cards on COMC for quite a while, as well as some store credit just sitting around.  I finally used up the rest of my store credit and had my cards shipped.  I'm quite pleased with what I got.

First, I added three VT Hokie autos for player that I didn't already have autos for:


Marcus Davis was a good receiver and terrific athlete, but struggled with the effort side of football. 


Danny Coale is a Hokie fan favorite.  He was a great receiver who had a knack for finding open space.  Dennis should remember him for the spectacular catch he made in the Sugar Bowl 2 years ago.


Darryl Tapp is easily one of my top 10 favorite Hokies.  He was a tremendously hard worker and played his butt off.  He also hails from Chesapeake, VA and played at Deep Creek High where my cousin coached.  I got to watch him play both football and basketball in high school. 

I added two other Hokie cards, both of Kevin Jones:


Speaking of Dennis, he alerted me to a COMC seller a long, long time ago that had some good stuff at clearance prices, including the awesome auto above and this nasty patch:


On the non-football side, I picked up cheap Gold Medal parallels of Todd Rogers and Phil Dalhausser to complete my rainbows.


Lastly, I finally completed my 2007 Ace Authentic Straight Sets Materials set:


You can see all of the other cards in that set here.

In addition to these cards I've shown, I also picked up some set needs and other VT cards.  All in all, it was a successful transaction with COMC; a pleasure as always.

No comments: