Sunday, January 12, 2014

2011 UD College Football Legends: Rare Autos

Well, here's where I burst your bubble.  I didn't hit one of the super rare 1:252 or impossible 1:1087 autos.  I had about a 50-50 shot at a 1:252, so it was a little disappointing to miss out. 

I did hit one 1:72 auto, though I there are many names on the list I would have preferred.


Christian Ponder, Florida State - Ponder isn't the best name out there, and the timing isn't much better.

Fortunately, I hit a buyback auto.  There aren't any odds for the buybacks.



There isn't any kind of stamp or mark on the Gary "Ghost" Garrison auto to show it's a buyback.  It came in a penny sleeve along with the buyback certificate.  It's still pretty cool though.

The last two autos were from the insert sets.  The first came from the Inscriptions set:

 
 

It's not a bad looking card, but Yary signs a fair amoung.  At least his signature is legible.  It's numbered 05/99.  The better players in the set are tough pulls, usually numbered /5 or /25.

The last auto was in the very last pack I opened.  That's pretty appropriate since it's the same guy as the auto I got in the very first pack I opened.

The best thing about it, though, is that it is a spectacularly gorgeous card:

 
 
It's numbered 58/80.  I can't get over how beautiful this card is.  This was a great way to cap off the boxes.  If I'm not going to hit the lotto with a Rodgers or Rice, I certainly want to end the box on a high note.  I love that UD used gold foil on the autos compared to silver on the insert set. 

All in all, I'm pretty happy with my purchase.  I got a good price and did reasonably well.  All of the autos are up for trade, as well as 3 complete 100-card base sets, and some extra base cards. Whatever I don't trade will probably go up on eBay to recoup some of what I spent.

If you decide to buy 2011 UD College Football Legends, you should note that there are some redemptions (Adrian Peterson, Julio Jones, Drew Brees among them, I think).  They expire May 1, 2014. 

No comments: