Monday, December 16, 2013

On the Fifth Day of Cardmas, My Mistress Gave to Me...


5 Value Things,
 
4 Golfy Tigers,
3 Rack Packs,
2 Magic Cards,
A Mega Box with Topps Chrome!


Today's post is made up of 5 value packs.  The first three are 2012 Topps Chrome (3 packs plus 3 orange refractors each).



Refractor, refractor, xfractor.  Xfracter wins.  Xfractor always wins.


Each row was one pack.  That means I got an all-Yankee pack.  Yikes.

Unfortunately the best looking card was horizontal, so the scan doesn't do it justice.  Orioles on orange is always good.

The fourth value pack was 2011 Bowman Chrome (3 packs + 3 green xfractors), that I recently picked up at Kmart for 3 dollars.  I love when non-cardy people put discount prices on cards.



Sweet Chipper reprint.


Green Xfractors.  How Christmasy of you.

Purple Refractor #141/799
Watts hasn't made it to AAA yet.


Lastly, I have an extra special value thing!  Its a 2012 Topps Value Box with 5 Topps packs, 2 Heritage hobby packs and 1 special refractor.




A goldish card and 4 terribly designed inserts (especially the walk-offs, good gracious they could have easily done better than that garbage).


Wrong Angels M. Tr.  Oh well. Better luck next time.  Jeter may want to check with the doctor about that yellowish fog floating around his junk.



I'm sure Braun is just rubbing the ball.  I'm sure there's no sandpaper involved, or Vaseline, or spit.  No, losers don't cheat directly like HOFers do.  Losers take supplements and then may or may not get better. 

Enough.  Heritage.


How colorful.  A new Verlander for my collection makes me happy.  Two Michael Taylor RC makes me confused.  Mayberry is an SP.  Not sure why that made me scan it.  I always thought the Rangers bowed to Pujols.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  Hey, Felix looks odd.  He's in black and white.  Whaa? Oh, it's just a dumb variation.  See, they swapped the image in the circle with the image in the rectangle.  That seems like something my 1-year-old would do and then realize it's a stupid f'in idea and undo it.  Oh well, it has ebay value.

Lastly, my extra super special refractor:



Dude, if they die cut these babies removing the white at the top and the orange at the bottom, they would be amazing.  Oh well, at least they didn't swap the SF image with Willie's.  That'd just be weird.

No comments: