Friday, April 27, 2012

Some Artifacts from Joe...

Joe from The Sandlot sent me a nice package of cards recently.  He knocked off a chunk of my 2007 Artifacts needs:


Many of these cards make me feel like there's something flying over head.  Maybe that's why Verlander has his helmet on.  Speaking of Verlander with his helmet on.  When the hell was that picture taken?  By the end of the 2007 season, Verlander was 0 for 4 batting in his career, yet he appears to be looking at a ball that went quite a ways.  Strange.


"If you asked my sister Wendy if she thought I was weird, she'd say, 'Yeah.' But thats bullshit 'cause she's weird, cause she like has a family and a family picture on their VCR where they're all looking slightly to the left. Like something over there happened, and made everybody happy. But my sister's cross-eyed, so she can't quite pull it off. One eye is right the fuck on."  - Mitch Hedberg


I'm glad that Daisuke didn't really pan out so I didn't have to drop a skankload for this RC.

Joe also sent some great cards for my player collection:


The Opening Day Stars cards are freakin' sweet.  I've wanted that Cut from the Same Cloth card for a really long time.  Now I need another one.

Thanks, Joe!


Still waiting on Blogger to post my scheduled posts.

No comments: