Saturday, April 28, 2012

Saturday Sizemore: Silky Smooth

2011 Topps Update Silk Collection #50/50

I've been trying to get one of these for a while, and one finally popped up on eBay and my reasonable offer was accepted.  The BJ Upton silk that Troll sent me made me desperately want the Sizemore Silk, so $5 seemed a decent price.  Heck, it's even an eBay 1/1.  My favorite thing about this card is that Topps never made a regular version of it.  They must have had this design/photo drawn up just before Scott was traded to the A's.  They changed his regular Topps Update card to Oakland, making this card the only instance of him on a 2011 Topps card for the Tigers, other than his Triple Threads auto/relics.

1 comment:

Collective Troll said...

Very very cool! I LOVE silk cards!
In 2010 Topps