Friday, May 27, 2011

2009 Upper Deck Signature Stars Blaster

K-Mart had a couple 2009 Upper Deck Signature Stars blasters for marked down 50%, so I couldn't resist.  I hesitate to say "blaster" since they were not traditionally shaped boxes and the regular price was $30.  It has 6 packs of 5 cards, so $30 is really a stretch.  I figured $15 would be borderline, and maybe I'd continue my hot streak and pick up a nice auto.

Pack 1:

2 Aaron Rowand
74 Khalil Greene
106 Top Prospects Brett Cecil
43 Felix Hernandez
11 Andruw Jones

>>> An underwhelming start for a semi-upper-tier product

















Pack 2:

42 Evan Longoria
12 Aramis Ramirez
IMP-MA Impressions Doug Mathis Auto
83 Pablo Sandoval
51 Jason Bay

>>> So my guaranteed hit is Doug Mathis. Can I get my $15 back?



 









Pack 3:

28 Chris Duncan
36 Delmon Young
SS-4 Signature Skills Johan Santana Changeup
48 Ivan Rodriguez
64 Jonathan Papelbon

>>> Nifty Johan insert.  Still not impressed.

















Pack 4:

44 Garret Anderson
4 Adam Lind
72 Kevin Slowey
8 Albert Pujols
80 Miguel Tejada

>>> Still not impressed.

Pack 5:

82 Nick Swisher
76 Mark Teixeira
116 Top Prospects Nolan Reimold
32 Curtis Granderson
40 Dustin Pedroia

>>> Still not impressed.

















Pack 6:

52 Jason Kubel
20 Brian Roberts
77 Matt Holliday
16 Brandon Phillips
88 Roy Oswalt

>>> Ok, how in the hell is the original price $30? Should be more like $10...maybe. Oh well, that's what I get for trying to force my luck streak to continue.

Everything is available; let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no blue parallels, either?