Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Trade with The Lost Collector

I love checking my email and seeing a message from someone who has seen my wantlists and has something to offer me.  A couple weeks ago, The Lost Collector contacted me about a Mark Reynolds purple refractor from 2010 Topps Chrome.  It worked out great, because I happened to have a purple refractor he was interested in.  Most people that have traded with me know that I try to be generous with my offerings and include a few bonuses here and there, but in this instance, I was caught during a rough week and had very little time for cards.  I ended up sending just the one card (and a COLLECT sticker, of course), so I was a little dissappointed in myself when I got an envelope with the Reynolds and three bonus cards, all of which I wanted.  I definitely got the better end of the deal, especially considering he contacted me again about a Topps #3 he had for me, free of charge.  Needless to say, I will be starting a little pile of Yankees to make up for it.  Here are the cards he sent me:



















The trade starter, #'ed 033/599.


   









2010 Bowman Chrome Scott Sizemore RC that I reeeeeeally wanted.
2011 Topps Justin Verlander ToppsTown
2011 Topps Arizona Diamondbacks (w/Justin Upton)

I find that the base cards of players I collect seem to elude me these days, though I usually end up with a fair chunk of the inserts and parallels.  Anyone else notice that?

Thanks again for the great trade!

1 comment:

The Lost Collector said...

Glad the cards were of help to your collection! Looking forward to trading again in the future.

And I put the "Collect" sticker on one of my binders!