Friday, March 4, 2011

NPN Victory!

I got a very vague looking package in the mail yesterday with a Carlsbad, CA address on it, and had no idea what it was.  I ripped it open and out fell a hockey card, making me even more confused.  Turns out, it was from Upper Deck, as I had successfully been chosen as an NPN recipient.  My prize:

















2010-11 Upper Deck Victory Jeff Carter Gold

Well, to give you an idea of how much I follow hockey, I was more excited about the free toploader and penny sleeve than the card itself.  Anyway, if there are any Flyers fans out there, let me know and maybe we can trade.  I was looking at the back of the card, and something just caught me as funny:





I understand that some hockey players have very odd pronunciations for their names, but Jeff Carter, really?!  I also didn't realize that Jeff Carter required so many H's.  I didn't know the pronunciation was so breathy.  Also, if you have to look in the parenthesis to know how to say the dude's name, wouldn't it be helfpul if the first and last name are in the same order? 

Oh well, who am I to complain.  It was a free card, and a gold parallel at that.

4 comments:

cynicalbuddha said...

What's NPN mean? And how can I too become a winner?

Spankee said...

No Purchase Necessary.
http://sports.upperdeck.com/npn/

You have to register with upper deck, and then you just go in and select the products you want to enter for. There's no guarantees or anything. I have seen cases where people got autos or relics. I actually got another hockey card today that I'll probably post about soon.

Dawgbones said...

Maybe the pronunciations are for them, not us. And maybe Mister Carter originally came from Bahsten??

Matt H. said...

I received my winning's last week as well. I was a little luckier in that they sent me a Zack Boychuk signed "Autofacts" card.