Friday, March 15, 2013

A Sterling Royal

Matt of Card Anathema was interested in some 2009 Philadelphia Football cards I posted as part of my Super Bowl Countdown, and it turned out a had a handful that he needed.  I also ended up pulling some 2007 and 2008 A&G off of his want lists as well as some Topps Olympics cards.  In return, he sent me this sweet Eddie Royal jersey card from Bowman Sterling:


I love the orange swatch, but the best thing about this card is the back.  Under college, they actually wrote the whole thing out: Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.  Badass.  I've seen many variations, especially on vintage cards, such as Virginia Poly, VPI, VT, and Virginia Tech, but I've never seen it written all the way out.

 

This is the kind of trade I like to call a "Wife Swap".  It's where a big stack of cards go out the door and only one card comes back in, and my wife is happy.

No comments: