Monday, October 24, 2011

Group Break: 2008 Upper Deck X

After a weekend away from the computer, it's time to get cracking again.  I ripped a blaster and 18 loose packs of 2008 Upper Deck X for a grand total of 28 packs.  The blaster guarantees a hit, so hopefully it's a good one.  Just like 2008 Heroes, these packs yielded a small stack of Yankee Stadium Legacy cards that I didn't scan. 

There were 98 base cards, the best of which is the Longo RC:


Then come the 28 die cut parallels (I didn't scan a dupe of Cano because 27 works better for scans):




I've completed this set, so I didn't need to keep any of these.  The X set inserts are four foil-tastic levels of "Xponential" inserts.  





I needed a couple of the 1's and 2's, which were replaced with comparable 1's and 2's.  I didn't need any of the 3's.  The fours are kinda funny.  After all of the X packs I've ripped in the past couple of years, I've gotten 8 4's: 2 Pujols, Wright, 2 Jeter, and now, 2 Ortiz. The blaster yielded a gold die cut card, and unfortunately for me, it was one I already had. 


Golden Vlad is still a nice card for the Angels, though.  Of course, you all came here to see the hit of the box. 


Very nice.  The checklist for these relics is very hit and miss, so to pull the Freak is very nice.  Ok, Anthony, so the gold Cabrera sucked, but you more than made up for it with this! As for the current team totals:


The Yankees have already reached their guaranteed 50 cards, so they're in the green.  I'm guessing they'll cruise past 100 long before this thing is done.

No comments: