Friday, September 17, 2010

My 2010 Topps 206 Fill

I bought a little bit of 2010 Topps 206, but wasn't real ecstatic about it, so I stopped before it got out of hand.  I picked up a blaster, a couple retail packs, and one hobby pack.  I'm not big on the bronze cards because they don't seem to make sense to me. One-per-pack parallels just don't do it for me, and the fact that they are thicker just seems like a waste.  I like the minis - because minis are awesome - but could have lived without the historical events cards.  The minis would have been a big hit if the historical events were all baseball related, but then you get into the fact that Topps beat that idea into the ground with the flagship set inserts.  I didn't care enough for the base set to list them all here, but I do have a scan of the minis





















Beckham, Gomez, and Pudge are Piedmont; Uggla and Dice-K are Caramel; Kawakami and Ordonez are Polar Bear.  I got four short prints, which I do like.























Ah, what the hell, I'll post one base card...


















...since it's the one card that will go in my personal collection.

So, that's my super exciting post about a set of cards that I found to be kind of boring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big fan of this set at all. It just does nothing for me. But thats just my opinion.