Friday, October 26, 2012

2006 Topps Allen & Ginter #107



Seriously, did anyone else not have a clue that Tom Gordon pitched 21 seasons in the Major Leagues?  I really had no clue who this guy was.  How does that happen? How does a guy pitch for 21 seasons, somewhat successfully, and I have no freaking clue who he is?  He had 138 wins and 158 saves in his career.  I guarantee if he had a Latino name, and not Tom Gordon, I would know who he is.  Stephen King even wrote a book about him.  When I saw the link to the King book, I even thought, "Tom Gordon is a generic name, but that's a funy coincidence...wait...it actually is about Tom Gordon the baseball player? Really? Holy..." 





1 comment:

Jeff Laws said...

Stephen King is a huge Red Sox fan and Gordon played for them at the time. I read the book years ago but don't ask me what it's about, I don't remember.