Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veteran's Day

Of all the wedding presents I got back in February, one in particular stood out. I never got to meet my grandfathers as they both passed long before I was born, but on my wedding day, I married in to two grandfathers. Now, I had always heard people tell great stories of all the things their grandfathers had done, but I didn't really get it until that day. I gained two grandfathers who had some of the most incredible stories ever.

To keep this short, one of the greatest days in my entire life was actually a little bit before my wedding day. I had the honor of attending the 65th Anniversary of D-Day at the D-Day Memorial in Bedford, VA with my soon-to-be grandfathers. Both of them proudly served in WWII. One was in the Air Force and was flying on D-Day, and flew several bombing runs over Germany in the war. The other was in the Navy and was among the many who stormed the beaches. Just having the opporunity to be at that memorial with the two of them is one of the greatest experiences of my life.

Take time today to appreciate those who proudly served.


No comments: