Wednesday, December 5, 2012

High-end Auto?


2011/12 Fleer Retro Basketball released a couple months ago and instantly hit big with fans as it had a lot of the insert styles collectors loved, including the Precious Metal Gems.  Cards from this set were selling like crazy, and the number of Jordan autos available made box prices skyrocket. 

You can buy a Hobby Box right now for a little over $500.  Each box has 6 autos.

This card should never ever have been one of those autos in that level of product:


Don't worry, I didn't buy a box.  I picked this up on eBay for $3.35 shipped. 

Not only is Greenberg way too little of a name for this kind of product, he was fired by VT 5 months before the product came out.  That didn't stop UD from slapping a VT on the back, though.



The saddest part is that it is an obvious sticker dump, coming likely from the same stack of stickers he signed for 2010 and 2011 UD World of Sports.

Of course, I bought it because I thought he was a great coach for VT, and I needed it to go with my other two autos.

No comments: