Friday, December 21, 2012

On the Tenth Day of Christmas, My Mistress Gave to Me...

...10 UD Heroes,

9 SP Prospects,
8 Packs-o-Ginters,7 SPx-es,
6 Masterpieces,5 Triple Plays,
4 B-ball Chromes,3 Cheap Primes,
2 Junky Fleers,And A Pack of Overpriced Crap.



UD Heroes is like Diet Masterpieces.  If I'm choosing between them, I'm going Masterpieces.  But, if I'm thirsty for cards and UD Heroes is available, I'm not leaving it on the shelf.  In this case, I picked up a ten-pack blaster for a nice discounted price.


Top Row Veterans: Arguably the best QB of all time, the 4th best QB from the 2004 draft (behind Roethlisberger, Schaub, and Rivers), and the best QB from the 2004 draft.

Middle Row Rookies: The reason Andy Reid should be fired, a decent QB on a bad team, and the most well known blindside protector ever.

Bottom Row Legends: Mongo (RIP), an often overlooked great QB, and an original WR legend.


If the entire set looked like these, I would be all over it.


We seriously need to get Joe Satriani on a card.  Steve Vai is ok, but he's no Satchifunkilus.  In a fight between Douglass and Mozart, I choose Douglass. 

The blaster guaranteed a jersey card, let's see who I got:


Forte is a solid player, and definitely underrated for his contributions to the Bears.

1 comment:

Hackenbush said...

No they're not Masterpieces (which I do love) but Masterpieces doesn't give you Sir Isaac Newton.