Friday, December 7, 2012

Birthday Box: 2008 UD A Piece of History, Part 1

My father-in-law gave me a box of 2008 Upper Deck A Piece of History for my birthday a couple months ago. I keep a few different boxes on my Amazon wish list, and he picks from that usually.

 I love the 2008 and 2008 APOH products and have found the boxes to be fun rips.  I've also pulled several nice cards, including a DiMaggio Yankee Stadium Legacy Jersey.

I'll show the results of the box over three posts: Base/Parallels, Inserts, and Hits.


Naturally, I chose these three base cards to scan.  It's going to be weird seeing BJ on the Braves after spending his entire career with the Rays.  This box was excellent for me on the base set side as it yielded the last 10 cards I needed for my set.

The base set consists of 100 veterans, 50 rookies, and 50 historical moments.



The rookies look like the veteran cards, but have the background brushed out and have "rookie" instead of the player position.


The historical cards are horizontal, which works well.  They cover a broad range of topics.  I chose to scan Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter.

There are a few different parallel colors for the cards.  I got two parallels, both red.

#109/149
#020/149
I dig the Jamestown card since I live a half-hour from there.

That's it for the parallels, though many of the inserts have colored parallels, too.

No comments: