Thursday, December 6, 2012

2012 Leaf Draft Pick Football Blaster x 3...

...also known as: horrendously awful collation


With 4 cards per pack and 20 packs per box, I was looking at 240 cards over my 3 blasters.  Given that the base set is 50 cards, one would think each blaster should have a base set in it.  That was not the case.  I did manage to eke out a base set between all three, though.

Here are the base cards:


 
 

First off, you have to question any company that orders the cards alphabetically by first name.

Secondly, keep in mind that this is Leaf Draft Pick Football.

Of the base set, there were 19 first round picks, 8 second round picks, 6 third round picks, 5 fourth round picks, and 3 6th round picks.  That leaves 9 undrafted players.  The most notable absence is Andrew Luck.  Of course, they make up for that by putting a special Luck card in each box:


As for the autos,


Hill (2nd Rd), Johnson (4th Rd), and Blanton (5th Rd) were drafted while the other three were not.  Kudos to Blanton for the nice signature.

While I didn't get much as far as autos, I also wasn't expecting much.  As for the base cards though, they were a straight up disaster.  While I did pull a complete base set, that left me with 184 extra cards.  They weren't even that closely distributed, either.  I got:

1 Complete base set
48 Doubles
45 Triples
34 Quadruples
16 Quintuples
12 Sextuples
10 Septuples
6 Octuples
4 Nonuples
3 Undecuples (11)

Alshon Jeffery, Brock Osweiler, and Darron Thomas showed up 11 times while AJ Jenkins and Fletcher Cox only showed up once.

I'm not saying I had to get 4 complete sets, but I think 3 would have been reasonable considering each blaster has 78 base cards.

Oh well, can't win them all.

2 comments:

Roy-Z said...

I'm wondering if this is worse than the tin of 12-13 UD hockey I bought, which packs on the left side were nearly identical to those o the right side.

Unknown said...

I got two boxes for $11 each and got 9 RG3 base cards, and four autos for $22 isn't too bad. Only one of the autos were drafted in a round. Almost zero shot these cards will ever go up in price. Just like a new car, they lose value once they are discovered.