Tuesday, December 4, 2012

More Birthday goodness: 2012 Topps Football Value Box

I haven't seen anyone break one of these yet, though I've been a little sidetracked lately.  I picked one up with some birthday cashmoney I had.




If I collected guys other than VT players, Sproles would be at the top of the list.  He's like the running back version of Wayne Chrebet, and I mean that in the best way possible.  By the way, I've added the 2012 Topps Football Set to my want lists, even though I'm a little late to the game.

 
Standard insert fare.

My one gold card was Mark Barron, who seems to be having a solid season.


These didn't get me anything, though they were a reminder to have my Nick Foles card shipped.


My special rookie refractor was Andrew Luck.  I think the NFL should give Co-ROYs this year.  Both Griffin and Luck deserve it, and they've shown that they are head and shoulders above all of the other rookies.

I saved the BoPlat hobby pack for last.  When I pulled it from the box, it felt thick and stiff.  In a different context, that last sentence is quite sexual.

I know one blogger who would have loved to get this pack.

I only got two cards.


Kuechly is a flat out tackler in the most raw sense.  I was glad to see him leave the ACC.


I was almost as surprised to see this card as I was to see the numbering.  #/1058 for an auto-patch? Regardless, it's a great looking card. 

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Nice pull from one of those boxes. I haven't the interest to try one of those. I've just been going after the loose packs. I'll see what I have to trade. I'm sort of going after that set too, so I should have some duplicates. Are you into any of the inserts?