Sunday, February 24, 2013

HTTR!

 Hail to the Redskins!
 Hail Victory!
 Braves on the Warpath!
 Fight for old D.C.!
 Run or pass and score - we want a lot more!
 Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,
 Touchdown! - Let the points soar!
 Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won
 Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!
 Hail to the Redskins!
 Hail Victory!
 Braves on the Warpath!
 Fight for old D.C.!


I wouldn't necessarily classify myself as a Redskins fan, but being from Virginia and having a family full of Skins fans, I've always been around them.  I focus on following former VT players, but I try to catch the Skins when they are on TV.  

Recently, Kirk, the Orioles and Redskins fan that runs Eutaw Street Cardboard, posted some Redskins autos he had obtained.  He didn't reveal the players that signed, leaving it up to his readers to guess.  I accepted the challenge.  About half of the autos were recognizable for having pretty unique names. A couple I just needed to remember how to spell their names (Olkewicz, Thielemann, Mojsiejenko).  The toughest was Nick Giaquinto because his auto doesn't really look like his name.  Fortunately he inscribed his jersey number.  As a reward for my correct answering, Kirk sent me these:



Lohmiller was with the Skins for their Super Bowl XXVI victory, as was Coleman.  Coleman was also around for the Skins' other two Super Bowls (XVII, XXII).

Whenever I look up former players, I'm always excited to see when they go in to coaching.  So many players end up screwing up their lives that it's nice to hear when they give back to their sport.  Lohmiller coaches a high school team in Minnesota and Coleman is head coach at Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

Thanks, Kirk!

2 comments:

Ryan H said...

Blast from the past! I remember these guys from when I was a youngin'

Anonymous said...

loved Lohmiller, plus his name was Chip!

it's been a while since the Redskins have had a reliable kicker, maybe Forbath is the new Lohmiller?