Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Word verification fun...

I love trying to pronounce the word verification that pops up when commenting on others' blogs.  Many times the words are just jibberish, but sometimes they are relateable.  I figured I would try my hand at coming up with definitions for ten WVs that popped up.  For fun, I also ordered them in a Top Ten style.  This could be a trainwreck, as are most of my attempts at humor.

Honorable mention:


A tasty beverage and, as I found out when I googled "shasta", a mountain.



#10.

A word that can't be said without giggling.  Seriously, try it.




#9. 

A shay is a two wheeled, one-horse, one-passenger French carriage.  Therefore, a bungshay must carry an asshole.  Therefore, a bungshay is also a French carriage.


#8.


My arm muscles.  You may have biceps, but I am lazy.




#7.


To scare with taxes.




#6.

Dudes that are scary. (yeah, real creative, right?)




#5.

The opposite of scarimen.




#4.

The spousal quality most desired by husbands.




#3.

The Orioles, Royals, Twins, Nationals, Cubs, and Astros. Ah, what the hell...the Mets, too. 



#2.


That feeling you get after you pay a bunch of money to see the Mets lose at home.  Yes, you've just been citifisted.



and the unanimous #1:


The "g" is silent.  Fred Wilpon is a diougshe.




Well, that was fun.

9 comments:

SpastikMooss said...

lol

My wv here is "miler." I got nothing.

Ryan G said...

Better than reinglyp. Maybe a miler is a Rockies fan. Maybe reinglyp is the feeling you get when you watch your team lose on the road.

That was fun.

The Lost Collector said...

Great post. Made me laugh, which is no small accomplishment at 5:30pm. In case you're wondering, my word here is "pamethe" - a drug from the Quaker State I'd assume.

Justin McLeod said...

Do you make a habit of screen-shooting all of your WV's?

My WV is "gowslysi". Makes me feel dirty just trying to say it.

Dawgbones said...

You gots it all wrong, a bungshay is a French Asshole's Carriage!!
Verification word: abehog - another definition of penny pincher, get it?!?!

Cheap Card Collecting said...

I got cannizin.

CaptKirk42 said...

Yes that is fun. A couple of times when I couldn't think of anything to say on my regular blog I did that here is a link to those times:
http://klandersen.blogspot.com/search/label/Yahoo

Hmm for this post I have a boring "hunes" guess that is the lesser known sand dunes on the outskirts of Hollywood. Or hey I came up with a more interesting one. Songs that have no real words like the Crash Test Dummies "Mmmm mmmm mmmm mmmm" song.

Thanks for this post I'm going to save my comment here and make a post out of it myself since I thought of an interesting definition for my word right now.

Brian said...

I got fallanon-a support group for those hooked on tripping over their own feet! Most laughs I ever got out of a blog. Well Done!

beardy said...

I'm glad I just sprayed soda from my nose all over the company's laptop and not my own.

Bravo to you sir, bravo!

WV: facker

I'm crapping you negative.