Friday, March 11, 2011

More 2011 Topps: $10 Hanger Thingy

I finally caved in Wal-Mart the other day and picked up a half-blaster-cereal-box-2.0-72-card-with-special-exclusive-blue-card-hanger-pack-thing. 

I got the #3 Jon Lester card for my Topps #3 Collection.














The inserts:




















Cory Luebke Platinum Diamond Anniversary shiny
Starlin Castro ToppsTown
Orlando Cepeda Topps 60
Honus Wagner Reprint
Gaylord Perry 60 YOT
Andrew McCutchen Kimballs Champions Mini

I also picked up a couple of cards for my PC:













Michael Cuddyer base and Justin Upton Diamond Duos w/ Mike Stanton.  I have been a 2011 Topps Justin Upton magnet recently.  I've got more of his 2011 Topps cards than all of my other PC players total.  That Cuddyer card is sweet.

Last but not least, the exclusive card:

















Not bad.  I seem to be pretty good at pulling Jackie out of cereal boxes.  In 2009 I got the Platinum Chrome Refractor and the Legends of the Game insert, in 2010 I pulled the Jackie base SP, and now this.  I do have to say though, I would have preferred to see a better design for an exclusive card.  How sick would it have been if these cards were made sparkly like the Platinum Diamond Anniversary cards?

I almost forgot the best card in the pack: the Diamond Giveaway Code.  I plugged that bad boy in anticipating a nice '87 or '90, but instead I got this:













1960 Felix Mantilla of the Milwaukee Braves.  By far the best card I've gotten in either Topps giveaway.

1 comment:

Justin McLeod said...

Do you have the Opening Day version of the Justin Upton 2011 card?