Wednesday, July 4, 2012

More Topps Olympics...and a Contest!!!


For a couple of weeks, I was addicted to tossing these packs into the cart.  Here are the results of a handful of packs I picked up, including the Father's Day one's that gave me the sick Abby Wambach Auto.


I can't believe they had Misty May-Treanor and didn't have Kerri Walsh.  That's very disappointing.


Speaking of disappointment...this may be the most unfortunate card of the year.


1-per-pack bronzeseses. I didn't know Mark Ballas was a gymnast.  That joke is for those husbands who have to watch Dancing with the Stars.


Lolo Jones just told HBO that she is a virgin.  Simultaneously, all macho men across the nation made jokes about how they would "lessen her ability to run".


Ah, so Singleton is in the Olympics for...ATHLETICS...REALLY?!?! I never would have guessed that.  I thought he was in for his ability to make toast or perhaps his keen sense of irony.  Athletics...who knew?

And yes, I realize it looks like David Boudia shit his Speedos.



The inserts were a little underwhelming.  These, along with the Bronze, Silver, and Gold parallels are for trade.  I got half of the base set, so now I'd like the other half, which you can see on my want list. Speaking of wants, I want anything and everything of Phil Dalhausser and Todd Rogers.  In my various packs, I came across these:


...which have me well on my way.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, it's contest time.  As many of you know, I have been collecting the 1996 Collect-a-Card Centennial Olympic Games Collection cards.  Here is an example. Well, I've come to own an extra base set (1-120) that I'd like to give away.

Entry is simple.  Just leave a comment with a country and the number of medals you think they will win.  The number of medals must be at least 5.  As a tiebreaker, also tell me the number of medals that will be gold.  For example, you might say Jamaica - 11 (6 gold).  I'll keep this contest open until the Opening Ceremony on July 12.  I'll announce the winner soon after the Closing Ceremony on August 12.  Who knows, maybe the prize package will grow as we go!


19 comments:

Mini Groover said...

Well I'm Australian so I have to show that pride! haha! Australia 25 medals with 7 gold?

Dawgbones said...

USA 23 (17 gold)

Nick said...

USA -- 19 (13 gold)

Thanks!

Captain Canuck said...

Canada 25 with 5 gold.

Go Canada!

Casey said...

Croatia, 8 medals, 3 golds.

BTW, I can help you out on this set. I have 25 cards from your list but three of those are medal parallels. Want em?

The Lost Collector said...

China 13 (4 gold)

BA Benny said...

I'll go with the home town and say England with 14 (6 golds)

Eric L said...

USA -- 111 (37 gold)

Nathan said...

Canada with 21 medals (3 gold)

Also, I'd like that "Montreal '76" insert if it's available for trade

Simons44 said...

USA 111
27 gold

Dan said...

China-132 (30 gold) (are there even that many medals available?)

Justin McLeod said...

Russia-33 (12 gold)

Jafronius said...

Thanks for the contest! Looks like my post didn't appear, so I'll try again. I'll go with Poland and 14, 3 gold.

Chuck's Used Cards said...

USA 109 medals (35 gold)

By the way, if you have a Juan Agudelo card from your 2012 Olympic hopefuls set, let's trade.

Thanks

arpsmith said...

USA - an even 100 medals with 40 gold

Play at the Plate said...

USA-105 total medals (36 gold)


Thanks!

Corky said...

Ireland 6 medals (0 gold)

Sadly my heritage is not known for our Gold Medal performances.

Card Anathema said...

USA 115 Total Medals, 39 Gold

Josh D. said...

Jamaica - 9 medals, 4 gold.