Friday, July 20, 2012

2 Years. Unbelievable.

My Cardboard Mistress was born on July 20, 2010 - exactly two years ago.  I really can't believe I've been running this thing for two years.

Prior to this post, I had posted 666 times in two years.  Scary.

Today, I just want to thank everyone that I have traded with.  I was reflecting on my collection today, and it really is astounding how much it has grown in the past two years.

When I started this blog, all of my player collections added up to less than 100 cards.  As of today, My 8 baseball player collections add up to 1,107 cards, including 59 relics, 31 autographs, 3 manupatches and 2 silks.  Here is the breakdown by player:


I would say I've become a Scott Sizemore supercollector, to a certain extent.  I now have 91 of Scott's 128 non-1/1 cards.  He has 97 1/1's, so I don't see that chunk happening anytime soon.  I think a realistic goal is to get all of his cards with print runs of 50 or more.  Right now, I have 83/98, or 85%.  I have 7 of his 16 #/25, but I look at those as a bonus if I can find them cheap.  I also have one card #'ed to 5. 

As for my Virginia Tech collection, I now have over 300 unique cards of 40 different players, including 25 relics and 25 autos.  I think Dennis of Too Many Verlanders and Too Many Manninghams is to blame for a large chunk of them. I was inspired by SpastikMooss' Seneca Wallace collection, so I decided to supercollect Bryan Randall.  Randall was my favorite player at VT.  He won ACC Player of the Year in VT's first ACC season.  He also wore #3, which was the first jersey I ever owned.  He only has 48 cards with no relics or autos, so it isn't exactly a collection to break the bank. Of the 48 cards, 16 are printing plates, 3 are true 1/1's, and 3 are CFL issues.  I currently have 19 of his cards, including the 2005 Bowman Gold 1/1. 


This was easily my favorite pickup of the past year. 

As far as set collecting goes, I've been able to put together a number of sets, and get dangerously close to several more.  I currently have 5 of 7 Allen & Ginter base sets, with a pending trade to complete the 6th, and less than 30 cards to complete the 7th. 

I never would have thought my collection would be this awesome. 

I've enjoyed these past two years, and I hope you have, too. 


10 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm just starting out and this post proves the benefit of participating in the card blogging community. I was debating collecting Sizemore since he's a fellow VCU alum, but I never knew the guy or anything, and it seems like he's in good hands here.

Dennis said...

Congrats on two years and some great work on your PCs!

Nick said...

Congrats on the milestone!

Greg Zakwin said...

congrats buddy!

BA Benny said...

Awesome deal, 2 years and counting. Congrats!

Hackenbush said...

Congrats on two years in the books.

night owl said...

Congratulations! I was thrilled when I reached 2 years. Hope there's many more.

Stealing Home said...

two years ! wow. congrats and a raise of the tall glass to you !

Unknown said...

You're a Cuddy collector? Dude has one of the sweetest 'graphs in the game... all thanks to The Killer.

Wilson said...

I'm a couple days late, but congrats on the milestone.