Tuesday, July 3, 2012

2010 Upper Deck 2 Hobby Box Break: RC, BC, CL, and BP

RC, BC, CL, and BP = Rookie Cards, Base Cards, Checklists, and Ballparks.  Essentially, this post will cover anything in the base set from 1-600.  I haven't sorted my base cards yet, so I don't have any idea of what set percentage I got, or if I got any of the "double take" variations.  I like the way the base set is broken down with 1-40 as RCs, 41-540 as veterans, 541-570 as Team Checklists, and 571-600 as Ballparks. As for the boxes, they are pretty reasonably priced, and will likely be on sale again on Black Friday this year.


Unfortunately, in 2 boxes, I didn't get a Buster Posey RC.  That's always unfortunate when you don't get the one base card that commands a decent chunk of change.


I like the base cards because they're pretty simple.  These were the base cards I was happiest to see.


I really dig the team checklist cards.  The only downside is that certain ones (Braves, Reds, Pirates, Royals, Giants) look like the dudes are about to make out.


The Ballparks cards, in my mind, are the best subset of base cards in any set in the last few years.  The photography is extraordinarily well done.

Even though I'm not sure how much of the set I have, I'm planning on finishing the set.  I think this Upper Deck set has some interesting historical prestige about it given the licensing fiasco.

2 comments:

Once a Cub said...

When you get your dupes and needs sorted out, let me know. When I bought my boxes of Topps Series 2, Gypsy Queen and case of Archives from D&A Card World, I picked packs of 2010 Upper Deck as my free gift. My packs were a bit more random than the probably fairly collated hobby boxes you got so I have a bunch of dupes (although no Buster Posey).

Weston DeShon said...

Wow, I never did realize that it does look like they are going to kiss.