Tuesday, April 9, 2013

No one's going to read this trade.

I recently completed my second trade with Jeremy of No one's going to read this blog.  I felt like my post title from the first trade was so creative that I used it again for this one.

I sent him some Oklahoma football cards and he sent me some 2012 Topps needs:


My favorite card was James Anderson, a former Hokie:


I actually played volleyball on several occasions with James during open gym at VT.   I have never seen such a freakish athlete be so terrible at volleyball.  I'm talking about a guy who is 6'2", 235 lbs with a crazy vertical (6'6" high jumper in high school) and muscles everywhere that hit the volleyball like a little schoolgirl.  I have no problem saying that, either, since he actually told me to tell that to my cousin, who was his defensive coordinator at Deep Creek High School in Chesapeake, VA.  I can honestly say James is one of the nicest people I've ever met. 

He was released by the Panthers a few weeks ago to save cap room, despite being a very productive player in his time there.  He was picked up by the Bears. 

Anyway, back to the trade.  The main part of the trade was a VT auto for an Oklahoma auto.  Jeremy took a Jeremy Beal auto I pulled from a Sweet Spot box and I received this sweet David Clowney auto:


This is now the 8th Clowney auto in my collection.  Awesome!

Thanks, Jeremy!

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

I'm glad you liked the cards. I got yours in the mail, but I haven't posted on it yet. They were much needed. Thanks again.