Saturday, April 20, 2013

2008 Upper Deck X

I'm fairly certain I've bought more retail 2008 UD X than anyone out there.  I'm trying to complete the trifecta set (base, die cut, gold die cut).  I've got the base and die cut sets, but the gold set is a pain.  I'm also trying to finish the Xponential 1-4 sets.  I briefly considered collecting the relic and auto sets, but I'm not that crazy, yet.  Besides, the Griffey, Jeter and Longoria RC autos are well outside my reach. 

Anyway, I still pick the packs out of Target's $1.59 boxes whenever I can.


It's hard to resist the foil X. The base cards aren't much to look at.  I've seen about 50 of these BJs.


I do like the die cuts, though.  The symmetric X cut from 2008 looks way better than the goofy 2009 cut.


People complain about the Yankee Stadium Legacy cards, and while I understand Yankees hate, I don't understand why you would be mad to get these.  For starters, they're actually pretty nice cards with a good design.  Second, they actually have decent value.  I started a pile of these a couple years ago and just added them in there anytime I bought 2008 UD products.  I used some of them in trades, but ended up selling a lot of 99 of them on eBay for $70.  There aren't many inserts that get that kind of return.


Lastly, I have to show the Xponential cards as they are the true gems of 2008 UDX.  They are the only cards that really live up to the foil hype of the wrapper:


3 X2s and 1 X3 is pretty good for 4 packs.  Unfortunately, I didn't need any of them.

If you can help with any of my needs, please let me know.

2 comments:

The Dutch Card Guy said...

I like this set, especially the exponential ones. And people can always dump these yankees legacy insert with me or happy to always trade them !!

Swing And A Pop-up said...

I bought a lot of it as well. Email me at swingandapopup@gmail.com with what you need and I'll see if I have any of it.