Saturday, April 6, 2013

Ultimate Super Jumbo!!!



Literally. 

Ever notice how the word "literally" has become the keyword for anyone who greatly exaggerates something?   "I literally ate 100 donuts this morning" No you didn't.  "This is literally an ultimate super jumbo pack" No, it's not. 


That's Melo back when I actually liked Melo.  Who doesn't love Kemp?  Stay in school, kids, so you can meet Jeff Turner.

I've decided that the next time I have to name a child, I'm buying a pack of basketball cards:


Pooh, Fat, Negele, Sarunas, Spud, and Askia.  $5 says it's pronounced "Axia". 


Maybe I could name a kid Zarley Zalapski.  At least the dude in the middle has a cool last name (Emma).  And the poor guy on the right has a last name for his entire name.


Only 9 football cards in the 2 packs, so I scanned them all.  Lucky you.


'82...not bad for Dollar Tree.  That Finest card is fantastic.  That last guy looks like a good baseball player, but the stats say otherwise...hmmm. At least his Baseball-Reference page looks cool:





Well, I guess that was fun for $2.





5 comments:

Brendan Taylor said...

Its funny you posted this because a buddy of mine just recently told me Dollar tree had those. I'm actually going to go get some in a few , hopefully i pull some nice cards like you did with Melo. Love the blog btw I'm following check mine out http://angelsinorder.blogspot.com/ feel free to join the site if you see what you like.

Dennis said...

I can use the Jarrod Bunch, for what it's worth.

Also, do follow Brendan's blog if you aren't already.

Stealing Home said...

LoLz on those name jokes!

Zayden said...

I love these packs! I could buy them all day long.

flywheels said...

Don't those contain a form inside where you can send in xx wrappers and a check for a few bucks for a random auto?