Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Johnny VanderMeer's Second Coming?

...Man, I hope so.

I'll be at the Nats-Mets game Thursday when Johan Santana takes the mound for the first time since his No-No the other day.  How sick would it be if he no-hit the Nats for his second in a row.  I don't see it happening, but still, it would be cool.

In case that doesn't happen, I'm hoping David Wright hits 5 home runs. You know, to beat out the 4 home runs that Bryce Harper's going to hit.  In the two games I've seen David Wright play in, he's 5-10.  Not too shabby.

 I was really hoping for a Santana-Strasburg matchup, but it wasn't to be.  I saw Strasburg pitch in 2010, and despite his 37-pitch first inning, it was pretty cool.  I'm excited to see Harper this year. 

Last time I attended a Nats game, I caught a Josh Willingham BP home run ball.  I'm hoping for a David Wright one this year. 


The most important thing, though, is missing a day of work to go to a day game.  It doesn't get much better than that.




 

2 comments:

night owl said...

I believe Santana isn't pitching until Friday's game against the Yankees.

But it's still cool that you'll be at the game.

Robert said...

A bad day at a baseball game is still a hundred times better than a good day at work...