Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday Strata!!!

I enjoyed my first box of 2013 Strata so much (and made back all my money) that I decided to buy a second one just before Christmas.

In my first box, I got the David Wilson base card I wanted, and in my second box I got the Vick base card:


There are retail and hobby versions of the base set, with hobby being on thick card stock.  My want list for the hobby base set can be found here.

I only got 4 topaz parallels this time.


The background looks much orangier in person, I think.


My rookie die cuts were ok.  They're not my favorite inserts ever.

In each box, you can pretty much expect a jersey card, an auto, and a clear cut auto.

#086/213
My jersey card is Marquise Goodwin of the Bills.  He didn't see a ton of balls thrown his way this year, but still managed 17 catches for 283 yards and 3 TDs.  He also put in some special teams work.

Gold #58/99
Hopefully Reed can come back next season and pick up where he left off.  He played just 9 games before a season-ending concussion, but still put up 499 yards and 3 TDs on 45 catches.   This card is headed to Ken over at Cardboard Hogs.  The gold parallel looks great with the 'Skins.


Finally, my clear cut auto is Tyler Eifert.  He's not one of the top rookies, but he's not bottom-of-the-barrel either.  He had a decent rookie year, and has a lot of potential, especially the way TEs get the ball these days.

Not a terrible box, but definitely my last one for a while.

Before I go, I might as well throw out some predictions for today's games.

Broncos by 10 (I hope Manning tears it up)
Seahawks by 12 (I would love for Kaep to have a great game, but don't see it happening)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not a bad box break, you got a couple decent guys plus it's always nice to get guys you collect.

thanks for sending the Reed out, can't wait to see it in person! :)