Monday, November 1, 2010

Giants win, and so do TomSuzuki and Play at the Plate

Well, the 2010 Playoffs came to an end tonight, and so did my 2010 Playoffs Contest.  On the home run side of things, Nelson Cruz's 7th-inning blast proved to be the last of the playoffs.  Since no one picked Nelson, the next closest selected player was Josh Hamilton, who homered in the 5th inning of Game 3.  Thus, Play at the Plate will receive a small prize package including Hamilton and some Rangers.  I am sure it is only a small consolation for the Rangers loss, but nonetheless, I doubt he will be disappointed with free Rangers.  Play at the Plate, I will be sending you an email soon arranging for you to receive your prize. 

The big winner of the contest was on the strikeout front.  tomsuzuki00723 originally chose Rafael Soriano as his pitcher, only to find out he was already taken.  The stars would be aligning for tomsuzuki, however, as he then chose Giants closer Brian "Fear the Beard" Wilson.  Well, Wilson did not let him down as he recorded a big K for the final out of the 2010 Playoffs.  tomsuzuki00723 will be receiving an excellent prize package including Wilson and some of his favorites.  I need tomsuzuki00723 to email me (adam.l.cowling at gmail.com) and let me know who his favorite players/teams are so I can figure out his prize.












Congratulations to PATP and tomsuzuki for bucking the Phils/Yanks/Rays trend and winning the 2010 Playoff Contest. 

No comments: