Monday, November 22, 2010

Trade with...hey, where'd you go?

Well, my inability to get a trade post up in any reasonable amount of time has reached a new low.  I am no posting the cards I got in a trade with someone whose blog no longer exists.  I think his post of the cards I sent him was one of, if not the last posts he made.  I am talking about TJ of "All Your Base Cards Belong To Us" (yes, I know that link doesn't go anywhere, I just said it doesn't exist anymore...). It sucks...I enjoyed his blog, especially since there aren't many basketball blogs out there.  I sent TJ a stack of 09 Panini Basketball needs and a load of Blazers and Patriots, and in return he sent me a couple of cards from his tradelist that caught my eye. 

2010 Topps Chrome Football Tim Tebow RC
2010 Topps Allen and Ginter Josh Willingham Autograph














I wouldn't qualify these as guys I collect necessarily, but I had cards TJ wanted, and I don't get many requests for basketball cards, so I wanted to make the trade happen.  I like Tebow because he works hard, shows emotion in a positive way on and off the field, and seems to do things the right way.  I don't know that he'll ever be too successful statistically in the NFL, but to work your ass off and overachieve is a successful way to live in my book.  I'd consider collecting him after his cards come down a little.  As far as Josh Willingham goes, I'm happy to keep or trade this card.  In July, my wife and I attended a couple of Nationals - Mets games in DC (including a Strasburg outing that included 41 first-inning pitches) and before the second game I caught a batting practice home run hit by Willingham.  Until I get a trade offer, this card has a nice home next to the ball.

Thanks again for the cards, TJ...hope to see you around the blogolandosphere...or whatever the cool cats call it these days.

3 comments:

cynicalbuddha said...

It's called the Blogoteria now.

Spankee said...

Yeah, I was thinking maybe blogatorium, bloganistan, blogiversity, blognasium, blog cabin, blogsbyterian church, blogitheatre, blogiseum, or blogodrome. I like blogoteria.

TJ said...

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you like the cards. I had to drop the blog for a while due to a sudden lifestyle change. Hopefully I'll be back soon into it soon. You should check out
http://www.basketballcardblog.com/ If you want to read a basketball card from Portland.