Thursday, September 16, 2010

1999 Topps Finest Series 2

Here is the second set of 1999 Finest packs that I got during my trip to the card shop.  I posted the Series 1 packs recently, and they yielded a pair of Ripkens and some other good names, so Series 2 has some work to do. 













Pack 1:






























Cliff Floyd, Scott Erickson, Denny Neagle, Mariano Rivera, Ugueth Urbina, Nomar Garciaparra Sterling.
Three familiar names, a future HOFer, a inmate, and an insert of a guy that was HUGE in 1999.  Not bad, but pack 2 needs to deliver for Series 2 to beat out Series 1.

Pack 2:




Brian Hunter, David Wells, Todd Helton, Ray Lankford, Roger Clemens Gamers, and Nomar Garciaparra Milestones RBI #0452/1400.
Well, it looks like a tie to me.  The two Ripkens are tough to beat, but the Nomar Milestone 500 RBI even the score.  I'm pretty sure that is my oldest nicely serial numbered card now.  How sweet would that Clemens card be if insted of "Gamers" it said "Roiders" or "Liars"...

I might have to pick up a few more of these next time my wife goes out of town and I get a chance to visit the card store. 

Oh yeah, and all of these are available for trade.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are the Nomahs and Mark Grace still available? I should be able to put a dent in some of your set needs, and have a few cards for your player collections and Virginia Tech collection as well.