Wednesday, August 17, 2011

There's no K in The Mojo Beard

I really hope I'm hitting on a sore subject with the Mojo and Beardy of The Mojo Beard.  You see, Mojo and Beardy came together to form The Mojo Beard.  Makes sense.  Then, to boost their prowess, they brought in a third writer, Kevin, or as he signs his posts, K.  Despite working at UVA which is, perhaps, the least humble place on planet Earth, Kevin is a humble dude.  He was a great pickup by Mojo and Beardy since he posts ten times as often as they do despite having the blog name of The Mojo Beard.  I will give Beardy a pass on light posting because his Monopoly set was pure genius, which I take full credit for.  Now, Mojo is mostly nice, and Beardy is occasionally friendly, so I assume they have tried repeatedly to come up with a new blog name integrating all three.  Not an easy task.  At least they updated the banner:


A good start, but my suggestion:
Now, you may be asking yourself why I am so supportive of a guy that works for UVA.  Well, he sent me this...


...for free...because I was the first Hokie fan to comment.  He also mentioned that he loves VT's dining.  In case you don't know, VT regularly ranks in the Top 10 for dining in the country.  I miss a million things about Tech.  Biscuits 'n Gravy on a snowy morning and London Broil on Thursday nights are among most missed.  So, Kevin is a good guy in my book, and that Eddie Royal cards is crazy cool.  Thanks Kevin!



Ok, just for good measure, here's a rip on UVA.  Hampton (the city I live in), Newport News, Poquoson, Yorktown, Williamsburg, etc. make up "the Peninsula" in Virginia.  My wife once joked that the Peninsula is like Virginia's penis.  Stay with me.  If you look at a map, midway between the Peninsula and Charlottesville (home of UVA) is a little town called Goochland (Justin Verlander went to Goochland High School).  Stay with me.  So, if the Peninsula is Virginia's penis, and Virginia's gooch is midway between the Peninsula and UVA, then by definition, UVA must be Virginia's anus.  

4 comments:

Kevin said...

Thanks man, I am just glad the boys let me join their site.

For the record Hokie stone looks like cinder blocks.

Jay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
night owl said...

You people from Virginia are weird.

Dawgbones said...

I would have thought the anus would have been a little less westward, and little farther northward, just outside Va's Arlington border...

and yes, the folks from Virginia are very weird, I can say that since I'm from Pennsylvania, I just live here!!