Monday, March 17, 2014

Ultimate Irish



I splurged and picked up a box/pack of 2013 UD Ultimate.  With only 4 cards per box/pack, it's a rare high-end purchase for me.  I can't think of a better day than St. Patrick's Day to post this particular break.


The packaging was nice enough.  The box slid open on both side from the middle, which was pretty cool. 

The expected pack breakdown is 1 veteran, 1 rookie, 1 autograph and 1 memorabilia.



Ty Detmer #065/175 - I thought this would be one of those cards that would sit in a box in the closet for years and years.  Instead it sold on eBay pretty quickly.  It never ceases to amaze me what sells and what doesn't.


Josh Boyce RC #71/99 - Well, the veteran and the rookie both left something to be desired.

Here's where we get to the Irish portion of the box/pack:

 

Johnny Lattner Dual Jersey #01/50 - From a money standpoint this isn't a huge hit, but I thought it was awesome.  The green jersey looks great and it's a name you don't hear a lot. It's always neat to get the first of the print run, too. 



Tyler Eifert Rookie Signatures Booklet #172/199 - This is my first booklet, so there was some excitement from that.  Eifert signature doesn't blow me away, though, and it seems like a waste of a booklet.  It's also a downer that the auto is the card with the largest print run.

At least this was a very Irish box/pack, perfect for today.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: