Ok, so let's make this official. I am having a contest in honor of my wife and I approaching our 1 year anniversary in February. Last post, I went through the results of the sidebar poll I had up and mention some ideas for a contest. The response was excellent, so I wanted to make a post to clarify the rules. The grand rule is that I am in charge. Here is how it will go down:
1. Leave me a comment to enter
2. I will randomize the entrants, and take the top 32. If I don't get 32 entrants, I will random off the remaining spots.
3. There will then be a draft of the packs in the order determined in #2. You can choose a pack or a wild card. The wild card packs will be announced after the completion of the draft, so choosing one is a blind pick.
4. I will post the contents of 4 packs at a time, according to Round 1 of the seeded bracket. A poll will be posted on the sidebar where you can vote for one of the four packs. The pack receiving the most votes wins and moves to round 2.
5. Again, I will post the contents of 4 packs, according to Round 2 of the seeded bracket. The top voted pack in each group will move to the finals.
6. The best pack will be determined by vote, and the person who drafted that pack will be the winner.
I think this contest is a good way for me to show off some packs, as well as give away some cards.
As for the prizes:
Runner-up receives a package reflecting their collecting preference.
Winner receives the contents of the 8 Wild Card packs (less anything that I collect...see my want list). I will also announce added prizes as the contest goes on. Such as now. The winner will also receive these:
The Special Refractor set from the Target Best of Chrome box: Strasburg, Heyward, Castro, Mantle, Robinson.
So far, 15 people have responded for the contest:
Ryan of ("O" No!!!)
I'd like to get at least 17 more.
Hopefully the newly added prize will sweeten the deal...who am I kidding, it's all free and easy, so what gets sweeter than that?