Thursday, December 30, 2010

Cards from Jonathan @ RGB Cards

I received a nice looking bubble mailer from the land down under...you know where women glow and men plunder.  The package was, of course, courtesy of Jonathan at my favorite Australian blog, RGB Cards.  Thanks to Men at Work, I am led to believe Jonathan is perhaps 6'4" and full of muscles.  Anyway, we started talking about 2009 UD A Piece of History because he busted a box and I needed one card to complete the set.  Well, I still need that card, but he managed to find some other great stuff for me.  First, some great Peak Performance inserts from 2010 Topps:










Jonathan also busted a box of 2008 UD Masterpieces and pulled a Red Frame Parallel of Justin Verlander.  As far as I am concerned, the 2008 UD Masterpieces Justin Verlander is the most beautiful base card I've seen in a long time.















I mean, really, how sexy is that card.  The scoreboard shows an 0-2 count to Hardy in the ninth inning, making this none other than the last pitch of Verlander's no-hitter against the Brewers (Hardy flew out to RF).  I now have the Base, Red Frame and Blue Frame (#/125).  If anyone has any others, especially the black frame, let me know.  That card is truly a Masterpiece.  He also sent a sweet David Wright 2008 UD Heroes Sea Green Parallel #/99.
 















Somehow, I don't even have the base version of this card.  The cards also helped me reach a collecting milestone. 

100th Ryan Zimmerman card: 2009 Topps 206 Mini Piedmont
















Thanks again, Jonathan, for some great cards and for helping me reach another milestone.

No comments: