Sunday, August 18, 2013

Football Contest: Halftime Show


No wardrobe malfunctions here.  No crazy dude jumping on a wire.  No Beyoncé saying "halo" over and over and over and over and over again. 

I opened a tin of 2011 Timeless Treasure, and used it as the inspiration for the halftime show. 



My two base cards, both numbered /499 at Vernon Davis and Kenny Britt.  That's kind of an east-meets-west combo, which reminds me of this:


Next up, I got a Hall of Fame insert of Chris Hanburger:


Hanburger went to Hampton High in the city I currently live in, so that's cool.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out which direction I took this...


The first hit of the tin is a Blaine Gabbert Rookie Recruits jersey:


The cards aren't bad, but I have no idea why Panini went with the fake crease through the nameplate.  Just looks weird.



I was so excited when I saw this card, I said...


Next up, my rookie auto from the tin:

Unfortunately it's a redemption.  I checked the checklist, and #127 is Aaron Williams.  He's just a Bill...




The last card in the tin was a doozy.  I was really shocked to get anything decent, not to mention one of the best cards possible.



Awesome.  It doesn't get much better than that, especially since I had very low hopes for this tin.

This card also led me to a video:



And that does it for the halftime show.  You're welcome.

2 comments:

The Card Hobbyist said...

Nice pull on the Cam Newton. I figure such a low numbered card would have a better patch but still a nice pull overall.

Play at the Plate said...

Schoolhouse ROCK! Oh yea, the Newton is nice too.